Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do checklist and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication.
Within the ebook of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in photos of silver.” Fitly right here means “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of communication than a handwritten notice?
For many people, handwritten notes have been a staple of rising up with dad and mom who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday presents, Christmas presents, graduations, showers and extra. Whereas we could have considered it as a matter of etiquette, it’s actually a lot greater than that.
Handwritten notes are in all probability the warmest and most private type of communication, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising plan is the right technique to create a better relationship together with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why you need to be writing them, instruments it’s best to use and a few concepts for learn how to write them as properly.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a cause that handwritten notes are such a well-liked a part of so many brokers’ advertising plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unparalleled outcomes. Right here’s why they work so properly:
Everybody is aware of that actual property is a relationship enterprise, and handwritten notes assist to construct these relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make an enormous impression and guarantee everybody from members of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a focus.
Improved consumer satisfaction
The non-public outreach that handwritten notes present ends in improved consumer satisfaction. Nobody desires to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each consumer you may have desires to really feel like your favourite. Reaching out with a handwritten notice can accomplish that, particularly if you embrace private particulars.
Elevated probability of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into extra referrals, particularly for those who proceed to speak with previous shoppers lengthy after the closing. As a result of private notes are sometimes saved for months or years, they outlast nearly another sort of promoting collateral and hold you prime of thoughts for years to return.
Forms of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
When you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten notice, listed below are some key occasions within the lifecycle of your consumer relationship when a handwritten notice is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her enterprise, for a referral or for being a good friend, your recipient might be thrilled with a handwritten thanks notice. Discover loads of concepts and examples in my article: Methods to write the right thank-you notice assured to generate leads
How do you retain your nice first impression going after a list appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing together with your dream workforce or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up notice. Recap your dialog, finish together with your CTA (name to motion) and, as at all times, categorical your honest gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite consumer or referral associate shortly? Attain out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in notice. You by no means actually need an excuse to say “Hello” on this method, however if you’d like one try their social media feeds for latest life modifications or accomplishments.
Fairly than sending out preprinted playing cards on the holidays, take into account a handwritten notice as a substitute. Supply your warmest private needs on a sublime piece of stationery with a border shade that displays the season.
Ideas for writing efficient handwritten notes
Wish to guarantee that your handwritten notes are having the affect you need on the recipient? Maintain these pointers in thoughts:
- Maintain it concise. This isn’t the time to provoke an extended dialog. It’s simply an opportunity so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, accomplish that by telephone or in particular person.
- Be private. Attempt to embrace one thing concerning the recipient or about their transaction to make your notice extra private and fewer generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. In the event you’re not nice at these parts, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high-quality paper and pens. It might sound old style, however the kind of writing parts you utilize makes a distinction in the way in which your notice is perceived. Put money into heavyweight stationery and a high-quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Finest practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property enterprise
- Schedule time for notice writing, ideally as soon as per week or for a couple of minutes every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the non-public particulars that make them simpler.
- Personalize notes for every recipient, referring to them the way in which that you’d in actual life.
- Use handwritten notes together with digital communication to bolster your message and improve your contact.
- Prepare your workforce or brokerage on the significance of handwritten notes and take into account offering them with stationery and stamps in order that they don’t have any excuse for not writing their notes. Contemplate holding collaborative note-writing classes to make it a enjoyable group exercise.
Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do checklist and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and see what an affect they’ve, each on you and on the folks to whom you ship them.