Electronic mail advertising is all about constructing relationships together with your subscribers. As soon as the interplay stops – particularly together with your actual property leads – every little thing falls aside, regardless of how massive your e-mail record is.
The truth is, low or non-existent engagement can happen even should you’re nonetheless actively sending them emails.
Except for sending them spammy emails, one of many greatest the reason why they don’t reply to your messages is that they don’t care about what you must say.
Sure, they subscribed to your record for actual property alternatives. Nevertheless, they’ll quickly unsubscribe should you don’t give them one thing to carry on to.
Probably the greatest methods to clutch their consideration is thru storytelling. And we’re not simply speaking right here of tales they will learn – we’re referring to emails of tales they will see.
On this publish, we’ll have a look at visible storytelling as a tool to assist enhance the open and click-through charges of your e-mail campaigns. This fashion, you possibly can breathe new life into your e-mail record and obtain replies from them.
What’s Visible Storytelling?
Visible storytelling is a story system in advertising that places the client (on this case, the e-mail subscriber) on the coronary heart of the story. Extra importantly, it makes use of visible parts to assist entrepreneurs weave a extra compelling narrative.
Examples of visible content material that actual property brokers can use in concocting a narrative for his or her e-mail campaigns are as follows:
- Photographs – Photos of the property on the market or pictures of your self ought to assist create a extra personalised expertise together with your subscribers.
- Video – Create a video of your self presenting the featured properties to your subscribers and embed them into your e-mail as an alternative of linking to them.
- GIFs/cinemagraphs – Use these shifting footage to emphasise some extent in your e-mail or convey specific emotion readers are feeling.
- Infographics/displays – Present statistics or slides out of your presentation relating to the true property business to show some extent and assist transfer the story ahead.
On the identical time, it’s not simply in regards to the photos used on this case. It’s how you utilize these photos to color your story.
It’s essential to construct a narrative that places your viewers within the driver’s seat and drives them via your purchaser’s journey. Finally, you wish to flip your leads into purchasers, however that received’t occur should you don’t have a great story to inform.
Why is Visible Storytelling Vital?
Storytelling generally permits entrepreneurs to attach with their viewers on a deeper degree. Nevertheless, it turns into much more compelling should you can combine visible parts into your campaigns.
Beneath are causes that specify the worth that visible storytelling wields.
Course of Data Quicker
Folks course of visible content material comparable to photos and movies 60,000 instances sooner than phrases. Because the saying goes, an image is price a thousand phrases (or 60,000 on this case).
This purpose ought to be sufficient to persuade entrepreneurs that utilizing visuals of their advertising campaigns ought to assist talk their message significantly better to their viewers.
Breaks Down Complicated Concepts into Less complicated Messages
For instance, in case you have a marketing campaign that’s troublesome or too advanced to share via phrases, visible content material might help break down the message into bite-sized and digestible items.
Count on the message to be absolutely acquired and understood by your recipients. In consequence, your marketing campaign leaves a extra lasting affect on them shifting ahead.
Create Distinctive Experiences for Your Segments
Every kind of content material serves a selected goal and aim in direction of the betterment of your actual property enterprise. On one hand, weblog posts are on the ToFu (high of the funnel) stage. Their aim is to assist enhance your on-line presence by rating to your goal key phrases to generate leads and purchasers for your small business.
On the opposite, the BoFu (under the funnel) stage is the place you’ll find e-mail campaigns. Their audiences are subscribers who’re acquainted with your small business however want extra convincing to turn into your purchasers or prospects. The aim of your campaigns, due to this fact, is to persuade folks to transform into extra than simply leads.
Since every content material kind is in several levels of your gross sales funnel, the targets of every usually are not the identical. And to assist deliver them down deeper into your funnel, you want to implement storytelling distinctive to every content material kind. The way you weave a compelling e-mail marketing campaign for folks in every stage of your funnel will dictate how they transfer alongside your gross sales funnel.
Now that you’ve a greater understanding of how visible storytelling works, it’s time to use it within the context of e-mail advertising.
Since we’re coping with prospects within the BoFu stage, you need folks to take motion with the emails you despatched. This begins with getting extra folks to open the e-mail and browse its content material first. From there, the e-mail ought to compel them to carry out an motion like clicking on a hyperlink.
With these targets in thoughts, under are methods how visible storytelling can play a crucial position within the success of your emails.
Phase Your Viewers
Even when your subscribers are on the identical stage in the identical funnel, you don’t paint them with the identical brush.
It’s extremely doable that there are subscribers in your e-mail record that signed up for various causes. Possibly some wish to promote their property together with your assist whereas others need entry to your record of properties.
At this level, it’s vital to find out how and why they signed up. Utilizing your e-mail software program’s record administration function, section every one into teams and profile every one. Doing so permits you to ship solely probably the most related emails to the proper folks.
Due to this fact, the e-mail marketing campaign to be launched to property patrons ought to be totally different for sellers. And for the reason that goal of every marketing campaign to be despatched to every section is exclusive, so will the visible storytelling be.
Decide the Tone of Your Electronic mail Marketing campaign
Who your purchaser persona is ought to dictate the final tone that your campaigns can be having. Breaking down your persona into demographics comparable to age, hobbies, wishes, pursuits, and others will enable you to form the proper tone to your emails. Utilizing this knowledge permits you to make deliberate decisions to your e-mail campaigns shifting ahead.
This goes hand in hand together with your model as effectively. The core values and enterprise targets you’ve ought to entice the meant purchaser persona you’ve developed.
For instance, should you’re knowledgeable model, you wish to keep and talk this professionalism throughout your emails as effectively.
Meaning, within the context of visible storytelling, sharing displays, charts, and infographics ought to assist interact your viewers. These visible content material sorts are the proper match to your demographics and your model journalism.
However, in case you have a extra enjoyable model that’s in contact with the most recent traits, utilizing a extra informal tone and method to your campaigns is right. Due to this fact, you might be free to make use of extra casual pictures of your self. You’ll be able to even insert GIFs in e-mail in case your audience is up for it.
By establishing your tone, you possibly can transfer to the following step of stitching your marketing campaign collectively with a narrative.
Placing The whole lot Collectively With Tales
At this level, it’s best to have every little thing you want to inform tales to your subscribers. Nevertheless, there’s no one-size-fits-all storytelling template you should use throughout your segments like a free trial template. It’s essential to take time to formulate the ache to your campaigns to make sure their success.
To repeat, we wish to put subscribers within the entrance seat as they take the customer’s journey that might hopefully end in a sale. That will help you construct the skeleton of your story, ask your self these questions:
- What’s/are the ache level/s of my viewers? Are sellers having issues setting the proper value for his or her property available in the market? Or are patrons being priced out for sought-after properties in fascinating areas? There are numerous ache factors to select from for patrons and sellers, so make certain to pick out one per marketing campaign.
- What language do they perceive the very best? Going again to tone, you want to align your e-mail marketing campaign together with your model and viewers demographics. Figuring out how they impart and specific themselves offers you insights into how one can share the story extra successfully in your emails.
- How do they see themselves? Realizing what the vast majority of your section feels as patrons or sellers permits you to place your story the place most of them can resonate with.
- How can your providers remedy their issues? Your goal on this story is to bridge the hole between factors A and B so your subscribers can get to their desired vacation spot. Due to this fact, by main the story in direction of what you are able to do as an actual property agent and how one can assist them, you additionally cause them to rent you to your providers.
As you progress with the story, make certain to by no means promote or promote your services or products. It’s finest to let the subscribers, as heroes of their very own story, make the choice for themselves.
As talked about, storytelling is simply a part of the general marketing campaign. You continue to need to fear in regards to the precise emails and how one can be sure that your subscribers will open them.
Beneath is a fast rundown of the very best e-mail advertising practices it’s best to observe on all of your drip campaigns:
- Write curiosity-driven headlines that encourage recipients to open your e-mail and discover out about them. Simply make certain to ship in your promise and by no means go away subscribers hanging.
- Put every little thing in your e-mail’s first sentence to get recipients to take discover.
- Proceed together with your story right here. Use methods like bucket brigade to assist readers on their toes and browse till the very finish.
- Showcase your name to motion. Every e-mail ought to have a single CTA to forestall distracting recipients with a number of decisions. Embody the CTA in the course of your story (to assist tie the story together with your CTA) and on the finish. In case you don’t have a selected CTA to incorporate, use e-mail signature for gross sales to allow them to nonetheless join with you in additional significant methods.
- Use photos. Right here’s the place you possibly can enhance the click-through charge and take it to an entire new degree. Use photos based on your story. Utilizing GIFs from GIPHY assist break the stress and draw out a selected emotion from readers. For extra skilled readers, that includes a portion of your infographic or presentation might function a curiosity driver (just like the headline).
There are different e-mail advertising practices it’s best to observe with your small business. However the ones listed above ought to get you began together with your campaigns and generate outcomes.
Constructing a cohesive narrative that places the viewers entrance and heart is a wonderful method to get via them together with your e-mail advertising campaigns. And to make them much more efficient, it’s best to use visuals to inform a narrative and enhance engagement.
As talked about, visible storytelling will solely be pretty much as good as the way it aligns together with your model and your viewers demographics. Planning your campaigns with these variables in thoughts ought to make sure the success of your emails.