Could is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month! Be a part of us as we honor our leaders of AAPI heritage who’ve impacted our business, focus on homeownership stats and uncover methods you will get concerned.
Why is AAPI Month Celebrated in Could?
In accordance with Historical past.com, “The month of Could was chosen for AAPI Heritage Month as a result of it commemorates the immigration of the primary Japanese folks to america on Could 7, 1843. Could can be a big month as a result of it acknowledges Golden Spike Day, Could 10, 1869, which marks the completion of the transcontinental railroad that was constructed with important contributions from Chinese language employees.”
Save the Dates!
October 12-14: AREAA’s Nationwide Conference shall be held in Chicago from October 12-14, 2023 on the Swissotel Chicago. Mark your calendars!
Historical past within the Making!
This previous election, Nicole Lee gained the eleventh ward Alderperson seat, making her the primary Chinese language-American Alderperson in Metropolis Council!
Rejoice AAPI Month Round City
In search of AAPI-focused actions to do round city? Now we have some options!
Take a look at the town’s most beloved Asian-owned companies: Meet the folks behind a James Beard Award-winning restaurant, a bookstore devoted to Asian artwork and historical past, a gaggle showcasing Chinese language tradition and extra.
Get pleasure from AAPI Chicago restaurant week: Going down from Could 12-21, OCA-Asian Pacific American Advocates are showcasing the fantastic AAPI-owned eating places throughout the Chicagoland space.
Household occasion on the Chicago Historical past Museum: Rejoice Chicago’s Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) group with the Chicago Historical past Museum on Could 21.
Attend further occasions, actions, displays, museums and extra: Select Chicago put collectively a round-up of further occasions happening in Could for AAPI Month.
AAPI Artwork & Historical past with Smithsonian
Take a look at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Heart, which brings historical past, artwork and tradition to you thru modern museum experiences and digital initiatives.
Celebrating our Present AAPI Leaders
AAPI HOMEOWNERSHIP STATISTICS
Right here’s what it’s good to know concerning the AAPI inhabitants in america and domestically. This information was gathered from the 2023 State of Asia America report, which is launched by the Asian Actual Property Affiliation of America.
AAPI homeownership boundaries embody:
- Homeownership gaps by race and ethnicity
- Credit score skinny inhabitants and credit score entry
- Mortgage-ready inhabitants – older millennials usually tend to be mortgage prepared
- Residence affordability
AREAA has established a three-point plan to handle these boundaries by laws, advocacy and coverage, which incorporates:
- Downpayment Towards Fairness Act. For the second 12 months in a row, AREAA is supporting the Downpayment Towards Fairness Act. This laws would supply down cost help to first-time, first-generation homebuyers to handle multigenerational inequities in entry to homeownership.
- Actual Property Valuation Equity and Enchancment Act. This laws would create an Interagency Job Power, consisting of illustration of the 14 regulatory our bodies and authorities companies that presently preside, in a single kind or one other, over actual property lending practices and the valuation of actual property collateral for mortgage lending functions.
- Advancing Fairness, Justice and Alternative for AANHPI | Government Order 1401. One of many overarching objectives of the Government Order is to look at and assess alternatives for information disaggregation. This level is of utmost significance to the AANHPI group; on a governmental degree, there continues to be a restricted quantity of disaggregated information on specifics subgroups. This makes private and non-private initiatives and insurance policies to handle inequalities and disparities rather more tough to successfully develop and execute.
Honest Housing Sources
Make sure you’re upholding honest housing practices and equal remedy to all, particularly potential and future shoppers. Entry our Honest Housing sources, that includes coaching, courses and movies to make sure your data and compliance with the Honest Housing Act.
Take the At Residence with Variety Course on Could thirty first!
At Residence With Variety® (AHWD) is a NAR certification program designed to organize REALTORS® to work successfully with and inside as we speak’s more and more numerous pool of homebuyers. Be sure that to register for our upcoming course, happening on Could thirty first!
Get Concerned with our Trade Accomplice, AREAA Chicago
AREAA is devoted to selling sustainable homeownership alternatives in Asian American communities by creating a robust nationwide voice for housing and actual property professionals that serve this dynamic market. The Chicago chapter is one in all our Trade Companions! Go to their webpage to learn the way to get entangled.
Re-Go to AREAA’s Historic “No Different” Marketing campaign!
In 2016, AREAA introduced a historic win to incorporate distinct information on Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) within the U.S. Census Bureau’s complete quarterly experiences on homeownership. Discover out extra right here.
Get pleasure from A few of Our Favourite AAPI Reveals, Motion pictures and Books!